WHY INTEGRATE WITH ZENDESK?
Imagine being able to get all the information you need to resolve a service ticket without even having to switch browser windows! At the same time, you can also track all tickets and ticket creators linked to a specific item from the Item Details page itself.
Integrating EZOfficeInventory with Zendesk can enable teams to quickly identify what needs to be worked on, what issues have previously been associated with an item, and other details such as Location and AINs.
This can iron out operational workflows, too. Teams can clock equipment details or check-out replacement items to requesters a lot quicker, and the requesters can in turn keep tabs on the status of their tickets directly from EZOfficeInventory!
The Zendesk integration also generates more contextualized information about assets. Think of it as the bridge between long-term asset lifecycle management and the day-to-day issues relating to them. Better information is great for business. For instance, it can reinforce user accountability by making a Requester’s ticketing history so much more accessible.
Creating linkages such as this therefore, has many benefits. It can cut down on repair times, promote efficiency, and improve the accuracy of information members have access to.
HOW IS IT USED?
Typical uses of Zendesk EZOfficeInventory Integration are:
- An employee filing a ticket regarding their broken computer that needs to be fixed. EZOfficeInventory tracking asset related details while Zendesk tracking the ticket workflow.
- A person in the field requiring help on using a drill machine, and an agent in Zendesk following up, with specific details about the assigned machine.
- A customer requesting memory extension for their Macbook. The IT Helpdesk looking up details on the Macbook checked out, and based on the model determining the type of upgrade required. The details and past work on the Macbook being visible through the Zendesk app for EZOfficeInventory.
- Agents looking up details of any asset in the organization via EZOfficeInventory for outstanding Zendesk tickets. Users creating Zendesk tickets from EZOfficeInventory.
- Logging EZOfficeInventory services and maintenance events in Zendesk to be assigned to the maintenance team.
You need an EZOfficeInventory account. If you don’t have one, go to http://www.ezofficeinventory.com/ and hit the Register button. You can take EZOfficeInventory for a 15 day free trial. No credit card is required for signing up.
The quickest way to install the app is from your EZOfficeInventory account. Sign into both your Zendesk and EZOfficeInventory accounts. Once you’re signed in:
1) In EZOfficeInventory, go to Settings → Add Ons → Zendesk Integration and tap the Get App On Zendesk button
2) You’ll be asked your Zendesk subdomain
3) Once you’ve entered the subdomain here, press the Connect button.
We’ll take care of the rest.
Important Note: For this to work out, your role on Zendesk must be set as an ‘admin’. Otherwise, you won’t be able to integrate Zendesk with EZOfficeInventory.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Open any Zendesk ticket and look for EZOfficeInventory app on the right. If the Apps Pane is collapsed, tap the Apps button on top right to view connected apps.
With every ticket, you will see:
– Link to that person’s EZOfficeInventory profile
– Overall details of checkouts and reservations
– Items that are checked out to this personBased on the description in the ticket, the support agent can link the relevant items to this ticket.
You can also see the ticket reference in EZOfficeInventory against the linked items. In this example, Asset # 1 Macbook got linked.
The Zendesk Tab has all the necessary details pertaining to the linked Zendesk tickets.
Update: You can now coordinate maintenance events across departments from a centralized location. For example, some of the VR headgear gets damaged at a CES exhibition. The booth operators create a service ticket in EZOfficeInventory for a repair/replacement. A ticket automatically gets created in the company’s Zendesk account operated by the IT department, which is immediately notified and takes reparative actions. You can also send multiple items for servicing via mass action and create a ticket in Zendesk via EZOfficeInventory.
Learn More on Service and Maintenance Management in EZOfficeInventory
1. Getting the error message when integrating with Zendesk, ‘The Requester <your email> doesnt exist under Members in EZOfficeInventory …’
Solution: You must be the account owner in EZOfficeInventory and authorized administrator in Zendesk, and need to use the same email address in both.
2. Zendesk users not being recognized in EZOfficeInventory
Solution: For EZOfficeInventory to recognize users of your Zendesk account, you need to add them (by matching their email addresses in both systems). We currently do not support auto importing users from Zendesk to EZOfficeInventory, but if you’re interested in having us implement this, please let us know by reaching out to us via the support email given below
3. Getting the error message in Zendesk “There was a problem access the data ….”
Solution: This generally happens when the subdomain for the account is changed in EZO or a custom domain is added. To fix, simply disconnect Zendesk from Settings -> Add-Ons and then reconnect. NOTE: Existing data will NOT be impacted with the resetting of the connection