For companies with over a few hundred employees, there’s been a need to allow for grouping of users so they can be managed by their own administrator as well as be restricted to assets for their group.
Today, we’ve pushed the functionality live although we’re currently restricting companies from enabling this feature by themselves. This is to ensure we work out the kinks before opening up the gates. If you’re interested in having early access to this feature, just email us.
Some lowdowns on the feature:
- A new User Listing needs to be created for each access control group
- Users who belong to one User Listing cannot belong to another one (this may change in the future)
- Any number of asset groups can belong to a User Listing. There is no limit on the ceiling or it being exclusive
- Administrators continue to have the same rights but restricted to groups and users within the same User Listing
- Staff users have visibility to only those assets that belong to one of the groups in their User Listing