EZOfficeInventory now supports Topaz Signature Pad
EZOfficeInventory now supports the Topaz signature pad for capturing electronic signatures. This will enable more convenient signature capture to make the verification process smoother for your users.
Here is everything you need to set up electronic signatures using Topaz on EZOfficeInventory:
- Topaz Signature Pad Model T-S460-HSB-R
- Topaz SigPlusExtLite Installation File
- Chrome Browser (currently not compatible with any other browser)
- Topaz SigPlusExtLite Chrome Extension
- Advanced or above EZOfficeInventory features plan.
Please note that we do not support Topaz Integration for Mac OS Users yet. We recommend using this signature pad for Mac users.
1. Set up the Topaz Signature Pad
Below is a step-by-step guide for setting up the pad. You will need to install the support files for the hardware integration to work.
- Add Chome Extension: Add the Topaz SigPlusExtLite Chrome Extension from the Chrome Webstore. Click on “Add to Chrome”.
- Download Executable File: Download the SigPlusExt application to your device.
- Install application: Once the installation file has downloaded, run the .exe file to start the installation. When prompted, set “T-S” as the Tablet Model Group, “T-S460” as the Tablet Model, and “HSB (USB type)” as the Connection Type
. Connectthe pad: Connect your Topaz pad to your laptop USB port.
2. Enable Topaz Signature Pad on EZOfficeInventory
Once you have your hardware and corresponding files installed, enable the Topaz Add On in your EZOfficeInventory account.
Please note that the Topaz Add On will only work if the ‘Capture Signatures’ Add On is enabled.
- If you haven’t already enabled “Capture Signatures”, go to Settings → Add Ons → Capture Signatures. Enable the setting and then enable all the workflows you want to set up signatures for. You can check the “Enforced” option to make signatures mandatory for a workflow.
- Save this setting. Now, enable the Topaz Add On by going to Settings → Add Ons → Enable Topaz Signature Pad Integration.
- Capture signatures for the enabled workflows! Every time a user adds a signature, it will be uploaded to the “Documents and Images” section of the relevant item.
3. Capture electronic signature for checkout
Your signatures will work for all the workflows that you’ve enabled but we will demonstrate ‘checkout signatures’ for conciseness.
- Go to an Item’s Details page and click on the Checkout button on the left.
- A new dialog box will open. Scroll down to the “Draw your signature” section and click Draw.
- Another dialog box will open to capture your signature. Time to register your signatures on the pad!
- Once you’ve drawn your signatures, click the green tick at the top-right and checkout.
- All signatures captured for an item are saved to its ‘Files’ Section. To view this signature, go to this Item’s Details page.
Note: In the event that the user does not have their signature pad with them, they can check ‘Capture signature using your trackpad or mouse’ and draw their signature on the drawing space with their trackpad or mouse.
4. Alerts to watch out for while signing
While capturing your electronic signature, a couple of alerts might appear. These will guide through the signing process if need be. Below we define the instances of these alerts and why they appear.
Alert 1: Clicking on Draw multiple times
If you click on the ‘Draw’ button more than once, an alert will appear that says:
SigCapture failed to start, another instance already running.
The topaz pad might take a while to open but try to only click the Draw button once. More than one instances cannot run at the same time.
Alert 2: Clicking on an empty drawing space
If you click on the drawing space, the following alert will appear:
Please click draw button to capture signature using topaz signature pad.
If you’re capturing your signature with the Topaz Signature Pad, you cannot draw on the drawing space. Click the Draw button to capture your signature using the Topaz Signature Pad. You can also use the ‘Capture signature using your trackpad or mouse’ checkbox to instead sign on the drawing space.
Alert 3: Clicking on the drawing space after the signature has been captured
If you click on the drawing space after the signature has been captured, this will also elicit an error:
Please click Draw to capture the signature again using topaz signature pad
Again, if you wish to draw your signature again, click the Draw button. Alternatively, you can check ‘Capture signature using your trackpad or mouse’ on the checkout dialog to sign on the drawing space.