The Cart Module in EZOfficeInventory empowers you to stay on top of your jobs and events, greatly simplifying equipment management. You can mark these jobs and events on your calendar, have a list of required equipment and inventory, collaborate as a team, and do much more.
SOME OF THE ACTUAL EVENTS AND JOBS BEING TRACKED IN EZOFFICEINVENTORY BY USERS LIKE YOU
For construction, engineering and service industries, it’s common to distribute their work in “jobs”. Here are some common examples from our user base.
Job 001: Drilling work at Griffith Park
Job 002: Maintenance of air conditioning at Lawrence Cape library
Job 003: Photo shoot of new products launched in March
For technology, education, furniture, exporting and other industries, Sales and Marketing departments are participating in different “events”. Common examples from our user base:
Event 001: Sep 2016 Sales Conference in Vegas
Event 002: Products showcase at TechCrunch Disrupt SF
Event 003: Bridal Shower for Melissa
Event 004: Annual Products Launch Event
Event 005: ‘Come in and try out our devices’ sales event
Your name at top right → Settings → Add Ons → Cart Module → Enabled
PLANNING AND MANAGING AN EVENT OR JOB
1. Identify the items (Assets, Asset Stock, and Inventory) you require for the upcoming job or event. If it’s a photoshoot, you’ll probably add a few cameras, reflectors, props, and lights. If it’s a conference, you’ll be adding items such as the devices you’re showcasing, some giveaways, and some branding material.
2. Add them to the Cart. You can do so from items’ listings page. Add multiple items to a cart via mass action.
Or you can add items in from the cart.
Moving Cart Items: Transfer new or drafted carts seamlessly between different locations. Move items between different locations from the Cart details page as many times as you want (see image below). An overlay will appear where you can update location data (Note: Location of assets will be updated and specified stock quantities of the Asset Stock and Inventory will be transferred to the selected Stock Location).
This is useful in cases where equipment (as a cart) may be needed at a different location, say from the company HQ in San Jose to the CES exhibition in Vegas. These can be then shipped to San Jose, with the equipment manager transferring the entire cart to this new location. This comes into play when ‘Transfer of Stock’ is enabled from Settings → Add Ons.
3. Check for scheduling conflicts to make sure that their items will indeed be available on your event day, or when your team will be heading out on a job.The conflicts are indicated as the yellow warning sign. Hovering over this sign shows the exact conflict.
4. If you’re planning ahead for an upcoming job or event, reserve the cart. If you’re heading out right away, check out the cart. Reserving a cart will make the selected items unavailable during the reservation dates; ensuring that they don’t get scheduled for any other use. When the reservation time arrives, you can check out the reserved cart. Enable conflict free reservations for assets, asset stock and inventory from Settings → Company Settings → Reservations.
Reserved cart items can be edited on the fly. Items can be removed or added, giving businesses more control over their equipment management. Say you reserved items for a CES exhibition but underestimated the number of VR headgear you’d need. With the latest enhancement, last minute reservations to a cart are nothing to fret over.
You can also view/edit a cart on the ‘Reservations’ page under the notifications bell – helping you make quick edits in the carts section. Clicking ‘edit’ will take you directly to the cart in question and clicking ‘view’ will also give you the same option, under ‘Show Details.
Cart Cloning: You can also clone a cart (reserved, checked out, completed, canceled, or moved) from its details page.
5. Swap Assets in Checked out Carts: The process of replacing an asset in a checked out cart can be a bit complex for some users. To overcome this, the swap functionality is used to enable exchanging multiple items in a checked out cart. Useful in cases where damaged or incorrect items need to be replaced from a cart. To use this feature, enable ‘Swap Checked Out Items’ from Settings → Add Ons. This feature enables you to swap assets only in checked out carts from the detail pages (see image below).
– Select items you want to replace or swap. Click the swap icon as shown in the image below.
– An overlay will appear. Choose items you want to replace the assets with, e.g. Item # 16 – Samsung C3520 was faulty so it can be replaced with another one in the stock, and Item # 41 – Nikon DSLR Camera D3100 was sent by mistake. Therefore, a Nikon DSLR Camera D3300 can be updated to the cart now. Hit ‘update’.
– Here is what you will see – Item # 16 and 41 are now replaced by Item # 11 and 81.
Note: Items can only be swapped by members who have created the cart. For example, Member AA cannot swap assets in a checked out cart created by Member BB. However, admins have greater control over carts so they can swap items in a cart.
Items within Packages cannot be swapped, but bundled items are swappable in a checkout cart.
STAYING ON TOP OF THE UPCOMING EVENTS/JOBS
Your upcoming events/jobs are the reserved carts.
The dashboard calendar shows the upcoming reservations. You can view the dashboard calendar ‘by cart’ as we’ve added a widget for it. Toggle between actionable metrics for carts and items and stay on top of which carts are coming in, going out or overdue on return.
You can also enable the following email alerts from Alerts tab in your account.
a) Reservations starting today
b) Reservation alert in advance (say 3 days before a reservation starts)
STAYING ON TOP OF THE ONGOING EVENTS/JOBS
Your ongoing events/jobs are the checked out carts. The dashboard calendar shows the carts that are due back. You also receive an email alert listing the items when they are due. When you return a cart, all assets and asset stock which are part of that cart are checked in. The cart is marked “Completed”.
THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH A CART
1. Add custom fields such as Event Venue or Shipment Charges from More → Custom fields → Custom Fields → Cart
2. Print the cart details as a pdf. The layout can be configured from More → Cart printouts → Add a new template
3. Verify the items of a reserved cart before sending it out on the event/job. This can be done from the Verify by Scanning button. You will need a Barcode or QR Code scanner to scan items. Open a cart → Scan items → Submit the scanned list → items are verified.
4. You can also attach documents, and add comments.
5. You can also relate one cart to another. Say you’re shipping 5 containers for the same event. Each container can be a cart, with a separate list, and a different person responsible for it. But they can be related so that you can tell that they’re going to the same event.
6. Do you move carts around a lot? This information is maintained in our logs, viewable under History > Cart History on the cart details page.
7. Admins have greater control over carts, They can edit undrafted carts, regardless of who created them.
EQUIPMENT MANAGEMENT ‘ON THE GO’
Stay on top of equipment management on the go. We now have Cart management baked in our mobile app as well. You can add and remove items from a cart, take different actions such as checking out, reserving and printing the cart. Comments and documents can be recorded as well and you can view Cart transactions on the go.
Current Cart View
CART TRANSACTIONS AND CART STATES
Updated: February 17, 2016 – Swappable Items in a cart, view cart history, carts on mobile app, edit/view cart from the reservations page.