Hardware Integration and EZOfficeInventory
EZOfficeInventory allows you to effectively manage your assets by ironing out your check-in and checkout workflows. The system is capable of integrating with multiple Barcode, QR Code, and RFID tag scanners to clock in item details into the system as soon as the code on an item is scanned during check-in, checkout or reservation etc.
Designing Print Labels in EZOfficeInventory
EZOfficeInventory also allows you to design barcode and QR code labels for your items, and print them out on Avery compatible sticky papers. However, RFID tags cannot be printed with our system and most of our current customers opt for bulk commercial printing of RFID tags for their assets.
For QR Code or Barcode, it is important to analyze which of the two will be ideal for your requirements and business practices.
Hardware Integration Recommendations
We regularly receive queries from customers regarding which printers and scanners are compatible with our system, and which ones should they use. In this blog, we have listed down some of the EZOfficeInventory’s Hardware Integration recommendations. Let’s take you through a list of brands we have shortlisted for your convenience:
1. Recommended Barcode and QR Code Printers
- DYMO LabelWriter 450 Thermal Label Printer (1752264)
- Zebra Printer Zebra Zd410 Direct Thermal Monochrome Printer
- Honeywell E-Class Mark III Desktop Barcode Printer
- Avery-Dennison 9825 Printer
- Brother QL-710W Barcode Printer
2. Recommended Barcode and QR Code Scanners
- AirTrack S1-0114R1982 Barcode Scanner
- Honeywell 4800i Scanner
- Hundred Eighty® Handheld High-Speed Bluetooth Wireless Laser Barcode Scanner
- Zebra SYMBOL CS4070 COMPANION SCANNER
- Motorola Symbol CS4070-HC Companion Scanner
Before you end up purchasing a scanner, make sure you’re buying the right kind. Barcode scanners can be divided into 1-D and 2-D based on the different types of codes they read.
Note: Make sure your barcode scanner supports Code 39 barcodes to scan Print Labels generated via the EZOfficeInventory Label Designer.
You can even set up and use barcode scanners in the EZOfficeInventory mobile app. The QR codes can also be scanned via your smartphone camera if you have the EZOfficeInventory mobile app installed in your smartphone.
3. Recommended RFID Scanners
We currently integrate with the TSL 1128 RFID scanner only. It is important to remember that the TSL scanner can only read Ultra High Frequency (UHF) tags ranging from a frequency of 840-960 MHz.
You can also set up your RFID Asset Tracking System in EZOfficeInventory.
Note: All the printers and scanners should be HID compliant.