You can schedule custom reports to be sent to company users with the help of EZOfficeInventory. This is a great way to ensure everyone is up-to-date on the latest asset data and eliminates time spent gathering, compiling, and sharing this information with relevant parties.
Related blog: Item Reports in EZOfficeInventory
Below, we’ll outline the simple steps you need to take to set up scheduled custom reports.
1.Scheduling Custom Reports
1) Click on More from the left-hand side navigation bar and then click on Reports. From the Reports listing page, click on the ‘Creat Custom Report’ button.
2) To schedule the report, you first need to go to Add Ons → Custom Reports and select the following checkbox:
3) After you’re done creating the custom report, scroll down to the bottom to the generated report. There, click the ‘Schedule Report’ button.
You can also click ‘Schedule Report’ even after you’ve successfully ran a report.
4) Clicking ‘Schedule Report’ prompts an overlay. It is split up into different sections that are discussed below.
1.1. Name and Users
Give your report a name, and choose the Staff Users or Administrators you’d want to share the report with. Note that members who are unsubscribed to email alerts will not receive any scheduled report alerts. To make sure you are subscribed, go to Name → Edit Profile → Subscribe to Email Alerts.
Decide how often you’d want the report to be sent to company users. You could set it to be sent daily, yearly, and anything in between. The ‘Activate Scheduling’ checkbox highlighted in yellow can be used to turn the report scheduling on and off. This allows you to quickly disable scheduled reports.
Note: Reports are sent out based on your time zone, and the time you’ve chosen to send out alerts.
- You can change your time zone from Settings → Company Settings → Company Profile → Miscellaneous → Time Zone.
- You can change the time that alerts are sent at from Settings → Company Settings → Time for Alerts.
1.3. Report Columns
You can customize the columns to be contained within the report, choose which item category to include, and decide whether you’d want to include retired items in the report.
1.4. Report Filters
As with any custom report, you can also add filters to your reports. When you’re done, click ‘Schedule Report’ at the top right corner.
And with that, you’re done! The report will be sent to the chosen company users at the intervals you specified.
2. Existing Scheduled Reports
You can view, edit, and delete existing scheduled reports by going to Custom Reports and clicking the ‘View Scheduled Reports’ button highlighted below:
This provides a quick snapshot of all the reports that have been scheduled in the system, including details about their schedule, whether they are active, and so forth.
This is also a great place to quickly enable or disable earlier reports by editing a report and addressing the ‘Activate Scheduling’ checkbox.
And with this, you’ll be sharing equipment reports across your organization in no time! To learn more about item reports in EZOfficeInventory, check out our blog post on Item Reports and Data Insights for Streamlined Asset Management.
Have any questions?
Like all newly-released features at EZOfficeInventory, we look forward to your feedback on improving our asset tracking software so that it adds greater value to your operations.
For more assistance, drop us an email at email@example.com. You can also share your ideas on our Community Forum or visit our knowledge base and blog for detailed support posts. Sign up today for a free 15-day trial.
Join the Conversation: Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
Services and Maintenance with EZOfficeInventory
Work Order Management in EZOfficeInventory