As far as New Year’s Resolutions go, EZOfficeInventory kept up its end of the deal in grand fashion! We can’t wait to show off the enhancements that have been made for you – all based on your feedback. Our asset tracking software now includes streamlined procurement workflows, and a robust Computerized Maintenance Management System. How’s that for a New Year treat?!
Read on to find out what we’ve got in store for you in our latest feature release! Continue reading
August has kept us very busy here at EZOfficeInventory. This month, we’ve rolled out some productivity-boosting features and other significant enhancements to our asset tracking software. You can benefit from our smooth cart workflows, seamless integrations, and a revamped mobile app that lets you do so much more on the go. We’ve also made auditing and maintenance management a lot more convenient, so you can prioritize and focus on what’s important to you. Read up on what’s in store for you in our latest feature release. Continue reading
Use Arbitration to define how Staff Users interact with the items visible to them. This helps establish access control and ensures that Administrator intervention is required for item check-ins/checkouts.
Happy holidays from everyone here at EZOfficeInventory. Hope you’re having an amazing time.
The promised holiday season feature release “Jingle Bells” is now live. Do send us your feedback when you try out the new features. Continue reading
Reservations are now considerably richer and more robust EZOfficeInventory. With support for new workflows and insights, make clash-free and conflict-free reservations by easily resolving potential scheduling clashes. In addition to this, reserve a certain quantity of inventory stock items at a particular location and date.
In our latest release, we have addressed a much requested feature that will allow administrators to reserve assets on behalf of other members (staff users). How does it work?
1. Create Reservation Request
The Request Reservation form now contains a new field, Reservation For. Here you can select a member for whom you want to create a reservation request.
This reservation request, will appear under the Reservations tab for administrators to review and take actions on. Please note that, this new feature is only accessible to Administrators. Staff users can still only request a reservation for themselves.
2. How do I track this in Reports?
You can see who created a reservation request under Created by in Reservations report
Reservation request for HP Pro 4320 was created by Amy Stuart on behalf of Hurin Elrond. Stuart could then proceed to approve this reservation request.
Engage with us through User Voice. You can also follow us on twitter @OfficeInventory, and become part of the conversation.
We now have a newer blog post, explaining this feature.
We regularly receive feedback for ‘Reservation Request’ and it has helped us tremendously in building a better feature. As a background to how the Reservation Request feature came about, we initially had two different models for checking out an asset.
- One for arbitrated companies.
- One for non-arbitrated companies.
The former had reservation requests i.e. administrators had to arbitrate while for non-arbitrated companies, there was just the simple checkout. During one brainstorming session, we had an ‘aha’ moment and decided that the non-arbitrated companies should also support the same reservation request. We decided to add a start and end date to the reservation request as well.
As of today, the date part of request reservation is still not on solid ground as we don’t enforce any logic around it. The administrator is currently expected to review the dates and then approve the reservation, as there is no system check if the date of reservation has any relation to the current day.
To sum up, we’ve added the following features recently:
- Ability to restrict a single pending reservation per asset. This ensures multiple individuals cannot have a pending request on the same asset.
- Ability to restrict a user to have at most one request per asset.
To be added shortly:
- Ability to restrict a reservation based on the date/time i.e. enforce that a conflict does not exist between multiple reservations.
- Enforce reservation date by denying approvals that have a start date in the future.
We have been busy as a bee! Some of the new features you’ll experience in today’s build include:
- Request Reservations should take a due date.
- A Calendar view for Reservations of an asset
- All print jobs now show up in the Recently Printed column in the Print Queue page
- Report for Checkouts
- An experimental custom report builder. We need your feedback on improving this. Please use the feedback widget
- Ability to add comments to a checkout
- Ability to update locations on checkout
- Ability to have custom attributes updated on checkout
- Enabling Company contact number to be placed on the print label
- Customizable “from” for emails sent by EZOfficeInventory
- Misc Fixes and enhancements for mobile apps
- Close Stream Exceptions – caused when images are uploaded during asset creation